What is Power BI Data Catalog?
Power BI Data Catalog automatically self-documents Power BI datasets and complements them with functional and business descriptions, promoting their correct use and enabling business users with non-technical knowledge to create their own reports without assistance.
With this tool you will be able to manage all your Power BI documentation with ease, helping both Power BI data model developers and business users. They will always have the necessary documentation available to create reports and dashboards without technical help.
Power BI Data Catalog is a Microsoft certified and IP Co-sell Ready application that can be installed directly from Azure Marketplace.
Empower business users
Power BI Data Catalog's automatic documentation allows users to view and quantify the metrics, number of tables, columns, data types... of their datasets. This empowers business users with little technical knowledge when creating content and prevents them from getting lost in a data model that has, for example, a lot of metrics.
It also provides information to users about the functional descriptions they can use, which are often not taken into account.
Save time and resources for higher performance
The most outstanding advantages of Power BI Data Catalog are:
Check all the technical features of Power BI Data Catalog in the solution's datasheet.
Multiply your data governance possibilities
With Power BI Data Catalog you can:
- Extract all of your strategic datasets from your tenant and organize them by categories, workspaces, measures, indicators, metrics, etc.
- Locate and organize all the key information stored in the metadata of your datasets.
- Self-document your datasets and automatically complete them with functional and descriptive information: typology, source, tables, metrics, description, etc.
- Discover the formulas and calculations behind your performance indicators.
- Add functional descriptions to all available datasets so that users know what information each data set contains, what it is used for, what measures it contains and how to use it correctly.
- Classify datasets by thematic areas, business units and/or departments, workspaces, etc.
- Filter your datasets by metric, subject, source, department, etc.
- Complement the information within the datasets with strategic business information.
- Empower business users by providing them with all the information they need, organized, validated and properly categorized in a single space.
- Promote the application of data governance policies and encourage the correct use of the business information available.
- Discover possible misatakes in the identification and classification of information: duplication of metrics and indicators, out-of-date measures, etc.
- Review data sources for each table to ensure that you are using the appropriate sources for your reports.
- Check all the datasets of interest, group them by subject and have access to a whole catalog of documentation with both technical and functional information.
➡️ Need more information? Watch the Webinar: Data Governance with Power BI Data Catalog in which we explain the functionality and capabilities of Power BI Data Catalog in detail.
➡️ Remember that you can install Power BI Data Catalog directly from Azure Marketplace.
Do you want to reduce the effort and time you spend on documenting and keeping your datasets up to date?
Would you like to promote the correct use of your datasets and strategic information?
Power BI Data Catalog is the optimal solution for documenting your Power BI datasets!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the capabilities and possibilities of Power BI Data Catalog, just ask us! We'll be happy to chat with you.